ERG S p A: places its third green bond of 500 million euros. The Group’s first 10-year bond issue received requests for 6 times the amount offered

Press release

ERG places its third green bond of 500 million euros

The Group’s first 10-year bond issue received requests for 6 times the amount offered

Genoa, September 8, 2021 – ERG SpA (“ERG”) finalized its third placement of a 10-year fixed rate bond for 500,000,000 euros, issued under its EMTN (Euro Medium Term Notes) program of 3 billion euros. euros (see PR of 05/08/2021).

The issue took place in the form of a Green Bond, of which around 40% should be intended to refinance wind and solar projects recently included in the ERG Group’s portfolio and the remaining 60% approximately to finance new wind energy and solar. projects in European countries where ERG operates.

The bond issue is intended exclusively for institutional investors in the Euromarché. The issue was very well received, with a request of 6 times the amount of the tickets offered, from high standing investors with wide geographic diversification, and saw a significant participation of green and sustainable investors.

The bonds, with a minimum nominal value of 100,000 euros, bear interest at the gross annual fixed rate of 0.875% and were placed at an issue price corresponding to 99.752% of the nominal value. The settlement date has been set for September 15e, 2021. From this date, the bonds will be traded on the regulated market of the Luxembourg Stock Exchange.

Fitch Ratings is expected to assign a BBB- rating to the bond issue.

Paolo Merli, CEO of ERG, said: “The success recorded today by the first 10 yearsgREEN BOND The show once again demonstrates the great confidence of investors in ERG. With this third issue ERG becomes one of the main Italian “green” issuers. The financing supports our strategy of financing the RES portfolio and aims to make the Group’s financial structure even more robust and efficient, in line with the development model defined in the new Business Plan 2021-25 “.

The placement was organized by BNP Paribas, Crédit Agricole Corporate and Investment Bank, IMI-Intesa Sanpaolo, Mediobanca – Banca di Credito Finanziario SpA, Santander and UniCredit as Joint Bookrunners.

ERG was assisted by the law firm Clifford Chance, while the bookkeepers were assisted by the law firm Allen & Overy.

Vigeo Eiris, in its capacity as independent advisor, issued a Second Party Opinion, certifying the compliance of ERG’s Green Bond Framework with the Green Bond Principles 2021 and best market practices.

The resolution concerning the issuance of the bond will be made available to the public under the conditions and according to the procedures provided by the laws and regulations in force at the registered office of the Company in Via De Marini 1, Genoa, on the website of the Company (www. erg.eu), in the offices of Borsa Italiana SpA and on the authorized storage mechanism eMarket Storage (www.emarketstorage.com).

This announcement (and the information it contains) does not constitute or form part of a public offer of financial products or of an invitation to offers to purchase financial products in Italy within the meaning of Legislative Decree no. 58 of February 24, 1998. The documentation relating to the offer has not been / will not be submitted to CONSOB for approval. The dissemination of this announcement may be contrary to applicable law in certain jurisdictions. This announcement does not constitute an offer to sell financial products in the United States of America, Canada, Australia or Japan or any other jurisdiction where such an offer or sale is prohibited and may not be directly or indirectly published or distributed in these jurisdictions. The financial products mentioned in this announcement have not been and will not be registered in accordance with the Securities Act of 1933 of the United States of America, as subsequently amended; such products may not be offered or sold in the United States of America without registration or an applicable exemption from registration requirements.

This press release, published on September 8, 2021, is publicly available at Borsa Italiana SpA, on the authorized storage mechanism eMarket Storage (www.emarketstorage.com) and on the Company’s website (www.erg.eu ) in the “Media / Press releases” section.

Contacts:

Emanuela Delucchi Director ESG, IR & Communication Officer – Phone. + 39 010 2401806 – E-mail:

[email protected][email protected]

Anna Cavallarin External Communication Manager – Phone. + 39 010 2401804 tel. + 39 3393985139 e-mail:

[email protected]

Matteo Bagnara Head of Investor Relations – Phone. + 39 010 2401423 – E-mail: [email protected]

www.erg.eu – @ergnow


Source link

Comments are closed.